"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Snapshots Part One

(April 19-April 25)
Day 244 Mustered up the guts to call my landlord and give a friendly, yet firm, reminder to [finally] fix our mailboxes. (You know I don't like confrontation!)

Day 245 Our worship pastor recently made a request for new songs; So, I e-mailed him an mp3 of a worship song I wrote.  You never know, right?

Day 246 First time singing on worship team--finally!  Made a point to be nice to her even if she kept being cold back and take time to get to know the other singers.  The warmth melted her and I had some great conversations!  Then, went home and spent time praying for them.

Day 247 Driving out of the grocery store parkinglot, I viewed a huge pinky-orange globe floating in the sky.  Pulled over and spent five minutes soaking in God's beautiful creation and praising Him.  Amazing how God can romance our hearts through nature!

Day 248 Found out one of my choir boys who is now wonderful for me (after a rough beginnign of the year) is still a nightmare for all of his other teachers--swearing at them, refusing to do work, walking out.  Pulled him from class for a half an hour and had a heart-to-heart. Spoke to the assistant principal directly after per his request. I know I made a difference.

Day 249 First time singing in front of the church (Saturday night service).  The presence of Jesus was so strong I was crying through much of the worship. Claim? Worship with a pure heart and don't worry about what others would think.

Day 250 Right before the Sunday morning service, our worship pastor pulled the worship team aside and criticized us on engaging the congregation. AND, he added the other rude girl to sing with us sopranos without her even practicing with us.  Claim? Initiate as much conversation with her as possible and be a blessing.  By the end, she chose to stand by me and after the service thanked me, saying "Thank you!  You really helped me with my part!"  This is huge--she never flatters/compliments and barely even smiles.

Lesson: take the time!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she is captive to fear, driving her to perfection, and therefore others are afraid of her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails