"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Saturday, November 28, 2009

100 Days--A Reflection

I can't believe it.
What a journey thus far!
I can honestly say that I am seeing a change in me.
Not just in me,
but in my life.

It started as a claim a day,
and has become a new perspective and attitude on life.
I find myself claiming two,
sometimes three,
things in a day.
Not just to have something to write about,
but for me to really LIVE that moment.
For me to ENJOY the moment.
For me to live my LIFE,
For me to REDEEM the time.
I'm finding things have stayed with me--
lifestyle changes such as:

I read in bed a lot more,
find comfort driving in the quiet,
feel guilt-free eating desserts
(even BEFORE dinner),
am more mindful to call & catch up with friends,
don't ever take work home,
and try new things more often.

Why am I doing this?
I don't want wasted years.
I don't want to just go through the motions.
Who said it had to be that way?
Why do we let it be so?
It is our one chance at life--
we should LIVE it.

Lesson:  one has to choose to live

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails