Often, it's just that--a step.
One step.
And even that can be tough.
And even that can be tough.
Today I took one.
Granted, it was a little one,
seemingly almost insignificant,
but who knows?Maybe it will change the course of my life!
See, I go to this huge church--
3,000 people I'd say.
(I grew up in a tiny church--20 people at most.
Yes, you read that right. Twenty.)
I feel so unconnected in a big church.
("we" as in all the "non-marrieds," ages 25-35)
are often overlooked. Forgotten.
This is not to be a pity party.
And yes, we can always do more.
But this seems very true in most churches.
Do you agree?
They have singles groups, yes,
which seem to attract those 40+,and young adult groups...
that bring in those young 22 yr olds...
and youth groups, and married/couples groups...
but then there's us.
With friends who are married,who have moved away...
a new life of their own.
And married siblings with new meaning to the word "family,"
and babies on the way.
But we are not alone.
God sees us. He has a plan.
I've looked and looked for a small church.
Nothing that "fit right."
And being new to Chicagoland,
I need "family"!
So today I chose my claim...And being new to Chicagoland,
I need "family"!
Two weeks ago,
my church passed out forms to sign up to serve.
It listed numerous ways/needs in the church.
I held onto it, contemplating:
Is this where God wants me?
Do they need me here?
Maybe all other doors have been closed to keep me here?
So today I took a step.
And if this is where you want me,
have them call me."
I placed it in the offering plate,
a rush of excitement shooting through me.
God has a plan.If He closes this door, He's sure to open a window.
Lesson: just one step can put it in God's hands




And those smaller groups are the best way to find a 'family' in a big church...and a big church has lots of resources at God's disposal, which includes family members like YOU! God will put you in the right place within the larger right place where he has already put you. : )
ReplyDelete- Melissa
Thanks for the encouragement! Sometimes I have to remind myself that He knows what He's doing. But then I think, "But do I know what I am doing??" And then I wish He'd just speak from Heaven and TELL me! Lol. If things were always that easy. But I guess that's where faith comes in. So, how did you get connected in your church? How big is your church??
ReplyDeleteFaith is a powerful tool. Love conquers all. Love the Lord and thy self. The more love you have the more you can share love. The person for you will be drawn to such love. Keep you love strong in the Lord.
ReplyDeleteOnly about 600 (1000 membership) but still bigger than where I grew up, too! Choir, the ABF (sunday school) chosen, volunteer teaching ESL, Bible studies...sometimes all at once, sometimes just 1 thing. The danger is when I had to give up stuff due to time/getting my teaching cert and classroom, and then I woke up a few years later and realized I had disconnected again. Still, I think life goes through seasons...........
ReplyDeleteVery true! I've found there have been times where I've been so involved in serving that my own Bible time/prayer time gets put aside too much, and then I "wake up" months later to realize I've drifted so far from Him. I think it's wonderful that as soon as I turn to Him He draws me immediately back to intimacy with Him. It's nice to finally have a little freedom in my schedule (after those crazy first two years of being a teacher) to be able to get more involved in serving. We need all need each other!
ReplyDelete