I have a trunk in my parents' attic,full of memorable things...
poems I wrote in 2nd grade,
pictures I drew as a kid,
prom pictures, medals, letters from pen pals,
(and of course love letters from my first real crush...),
and two huge stacks of notebooks.
Journals, really.
Pages and pages that reflect my heart.
I wrote all the time,
about everything and anything.
Little hearts with my crush's name...
my name written beautifully with his last name attached...
My busy life has pulled me away from this.
I still journal, but not 10 pages in one sitting!
I want to find that in myself again.
I want to make time for this.
Today I finally sat down and journaled.
It was refreshing,
reflective,
and peaceful.
Why is it that we put aside such things?
We're too tired.
Exhausted.
Busy.
And grown-up.
I want to let my heart pour out,
let my thoughts fill up paper like childhood days.
Lesson: reflect and let my heart speak

I know, when I was little I also wrote pages and pages. Its hard to feel so free now for some reason. I get a mental block about how "good" my work is which keeps me from writing at times. I just wish I could write more freely like I did as a kid - without judgement.
ReplyDeleteTotally. I feel like it was easier to dream then, and believe it could happen. I don't want to let life change that in me. Dare to dream, right?
ReplyDelete