What is love? I don't understand it.
It is a mystery to me, as described in Proverbs Chapter 30:18 & 19 by the wisest man that ever lived...
"There are three things that are too amazing for me,
four that I do not understand:
the way of an eagle in the sky,
the way of a snake on a rock,
the way of a ship on the high seas,
and the way of a man with a maiden."
I know God to be love. I know of love for one's parents and siblings.
I know love of a best friend, and love and passion for something I do.
But what of love for a man? Romantic love? Marriage love?
What is this kind of love? What should it feel like? Be like?
How do I know when I have found it?
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hi, it's me aliaTheStrange , blog catalog,
ReplyDeletecool blog!
follow me , n i'll follow you.
http://release-the-pain.blogspot.com
Hmmm....you really don't need to know what love is. Believe me when i say that. And neither do you need to understand what love is or answer all of it. We don't choose love, love chooses us and so no point in knowing the answers.. :)
ReplyDeleteNo point in understanding love..better to understand the person i love..:)
I think I understand what you're saying--if love is a matter of the heart, why try to understand it with the mind? One's heart will know when love finds it. Also, I like your point about focussing on understanding the person one loves instead of on understanding love itself.
ReplyDelete