Then I remembered my 365 Day adventure and stopped myself. What about ME?
So I decided to simply, well, take a walk. Now that may sound uneventful to you but just wait--a story is about to unfold. I got my walking shoes on and set out to discover my new neighborhood (I recently moved), immediately feeling refreshed at the fact that I wasn't walking to exercise or get more fit or any other thing that can weigh one down. I was walking simply for me. I was focussing on taking in everything--the breeze, the beautiful flowers, the smell of warm cookies wafting from someone's window... And then I saw it. Them, really. A garden of floating teapots and teacups. I had never seen anything like it! As I stopped and stared, I noticed the homeowner near his garage and introduced myself. One thing led to another and soon I was being introduce to his wife, who told me it was a project she did until Joanne Fabrics got the same idea and her skill was not as needed anymore. I ended up taking pictures, getting invited inside to pick one out, and sitting on their patio discussing life.
What started out as a simple walk turned into meeting neighbors, discovering a clever craft, receiving a gift, and enjoying a rainshower under the safety of their patio!
Note to self: make sure to take time for ME.
The teacups are so cute! It sounds like your neighbor was really taking the time to make her life her own. Its so great the ways we girls find to do this, single or not.
ReplyDelete