God opened a HUGE door in my life today!
Not just a window, with a little light shining in,
but a door bursting with sunshine and opportunity.
And on Day 125 I filled you in on its development.
Today I met with the head worship leader at my church of 3,000 people. Claim? Just be myself and not be nervous! It was supposed to be just a "get-to-know-you" meeting,
but it turned into an audition where I sang two songs for him,
we sang together and I made up harmony on the spot,
and I did some sight-reading of piano music.
(If you're a musician, you know what all of that means.If not, just know it means I performed a lot for him so he could judge my skills and talents.)
Now, you need to know that I (and my close friends and family) have been praying for three years that the Lord would open up a door to serve through music ministry again. At today's meeting, I felt the peace of the Lord as I talked and sang. I wasn't nervous at all, which was totally and completely Him. I will never forget the moment that the worship leader asked me so sing "Amazing Grace." We had no music, but he began to play. As soon as I started to sing, I felt the presence of the Lord fall so strongly. And then, I felt it in my body and on my voice and as my voice lifted I thought,
"Wow, I sound good!!" (I knew that it was Jesus blessing that moment). Something happend during that song, I can't even explain it. I just know that it was Jesus opening a door for me.
After I sang and played the piano, the worship leader got serious and told me where he wanted to place me. He said he wanted me to join the choir and that he also wanted to put me on the worship team. When I asked what the difference was, he explained: The worship team is the nine vocalists that stand up front and are mic'd. They help lead all the worship songs. He also told me that there is a waiting list to be on worship team, and that usually people are required to be committed to the choir for some time before being allowed on the worship team. Then he said, "But you are very interested in getting involved, you can sing, and you can sing harmony. I'd like you to start right away... Can you come to rehearsal tonight?" I was floored! God didn't open the door just a little bit, but all the way!

Congratulation!! I'm happy for you, may there be more opportunity opens up for you in the future =D
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am really excited, as I've been praying (and looking for opportunities) for a really long time to sing in a church again. Practice starts this Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteWell...duh. You have a wonderful voice and talent and were there any doubts?????? - Melissa
ReplyDeleteI just happened to be blog hopping and I just wanted to say I pray that all goes well for you. I am from a small church and I am part of the worship team and it is great to worship that way. God Bless you and please say a prayer for me and my kids. (you pray for us I will pray for you.)
ReplyDeleteGreat!! That's inspirational :-}
ReplyDeleteSorry for not getting to your posts for so long. My dad has had me all worried about getting enough work done lately. In any case, you know I'm happy for you girl! Look forward to hearing how your first practice went!
ReplyDeleteSo, I haven't figured out how to reply to your comments individually... Need to research that some more... I wanted to thank you all of the support! And Jeff, thanks for the prayers! I was on a worship team at a small church (of 40 people) before I moved to IL and loved it. It's so uplifting to worship with other believers, isn't it??
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! have a great day!
ReplyDelete