My body is soooo sore!
You have no idea.
Every muscle, everywhere...
I could just go sit in a hot tub for hours.
Ahh... a hot tub... that would be GREAT.
So, what brought on this crazed, intense physical state?
Today's claim...
I have one word for you:
Zumba!
Zumba!
Even the words sounds zesty!
Have you heard of it?
It's this new form of exercise that uses dance,
and let me tell you it is FUN!
Mambo, cha-cha, salsa,
bachata, hip hop, disco... and more.
Now, I'm a caucasian, Christian girl
who grew up in a town of 2,000...
how much do you think I know how to shake it??!
Not so much.
I was on a drill dance team in high school
(the captain, actually)
but that was way different than all the hip movement
of the Latin dances and the bootie shaking of hip hop.
Honestly, there was some moments during the hip hop dances
where I was thinking, "Should I really be doing this??"
So why did I decide Zumba?
My school district is doing a teacher talent show,
and as the music teacher, I'm all in!
So, the staff at my school thought we should do Zumba at the performance!
you have to try this!
I was so proud of myself for getting up early
(on my break I might add)
when I'm not a morning person and didn't fall asleep until 2:30a.m.
the night before due to caffeine from my bowling night out.
Let me just say this: the class was so worth it!
Hot tub, anyone?
Lesson: dance like no one is watching--it's more fun that way!


It would be really fun to watch you and the other teachers do this! As you know, I can't dance worth a twirl.
ReplyDelete