"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 43 Simply... Breathtaking

There is something about a rose that is absolutely BREATHTAKING.
And something about a whole bouquet that is magical and captivating.
Remember that childhood favorite "Beauty and the Beast"?
That red, red rose,
sparkling and magical,
cherished in an elegant glass covering in the secret upper room?
The awe, the wonder!

What wells up inside of you when you see a rose?
I am filled with a sense of beauty.
Complex simplicity.
Femininity.
Elegance.
Romance.
Fairytale magic.
And wistful wonder.



Tonight I was at the store,
zipping along doing some errands.
Just when I was about to go through the checkout line
I passed a beautiful garden of bouquets.
I had to stop and take in the beauty.
Dare I buy myself a boquet of roses?
Is that... cheating?


I smiled the whole way home,
a boquet of beautiful creamy white roses next to me in my car.
I never thought I'd buy myself such a gift, but why not?
Every time I look at them,
or think about them,
I smile.
What beauty in God's creation!

Lesson: flowers can brighten an apartment, a face, a day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails