It all started a week ago when I realized that I can’t expect the male relatives in my life to pull through for me every time I move and need a shelf put up or a mirror hung. So I took on the challenge. I borrowed my brother-in-law’s drill and faced the task of drilling up hooks in the tiny closet of my new apartment to hang my wonderful purse collection. Did you know that the tip of a drill is magnetic so if your fingers aren’t steady and you drop a nail it sticks to the tip of the drill? What an ingenious idea! What should have been an hour project turned into a whole afternoon of frustration and patience but when I was done I had the satisfaction of knowing it was all mine—I did it! With some amusement I thought, “I wonder if they make pink drills?”
So what is this blog all about? Well, it’s about being a bridesmaid seven times and never a bride. It’s about choosing to end the discouragement of being the last one single and claiming my life back for ME. It’s about, at the end of the day when goodbyes are said and done, choosing to find peace in the quiet and joy in knowing there is more to life than finding “the one.”
How do I plan to do this? 365 days. 365 claims. Each day choosing, claiming really, one thing to do (or newly experience or accomplish…) to help me find myself and not only exist, but truly live.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment