"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 68 Party Crashers

Today?
I crashed a party!
Well, kind of...
I was in Milwaukee, visiting Jill.
I invited us along to a BARN DANCE!
Yes, you read that right.
I have two other friends in Milwaukee,
and their church was having a chili cook-off and barn dance.
I had even packed a flannel shirt for Saturday's outfit,
not knowing the opportunity ahead...
Ironic?
I don't think so! ;)
(for you fashion experts--
it was one of those newly instyle flannel shirts)

So, we showed up at this rich person's house,
not knowing anyone,
to meet up with my two friends who were doing the chili cook-off...
The "barn" was this humungous shed,
and there were at least 100 people there.
Get this: they'd hired a professional squre dance "caller."
There was about 70 of us that danced the night away.
It was SO MUCH FUN!!!
I have not laughed like that in a really long time!

Lesson: dance like no one is watching!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you don't mind, I'm just posting this to test out my blogging account problems

    -nikki

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails