"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Friday, June 25, 2010

School's Out! Part 3

Day 303  Had plans to meet at Starbucks with a new friend from choir.  Wanted to be selfish and just do my own thing during the afternoon, and was under spiritual attack about getting together with her for some reason.  I took time to worship and get out of my bad mood; we had such a good time, and a very encouraging, bonding conversation about life, struggles, choir, our calling, and the Lord! I'm so glad I went!!

Day 304  Today I finally checked off a three-year goal from my mental "To Do" list; I visited our local public library (known as the best library in the United States) and got a library card!!

Day 305  Since last summer when I discovered our local beach/pool I wanted to get a summer pass, but whenever it came to mind I either didn't have the time or didn't have the money.  Today I had both, purchased my much-awaited pass, and enjoyed the afternoon lounging poolside with some girl friends.

Day 306  This weekend is the big wedding!!  Today the bride called to see if I could come a day early, meaning TODAY, and help her move into her new apartment.  Claimed it, enjoyed it!  It was fun to have some time alone with the bride, see their new place, and just be there for her and her husband-to-be.

Day 307  Girls can be catty.  At the bachelorette party today I had to remind myself that a particular girl was 10 years younger than me and to just be the bigger person.  Slowly, kindness won out.

Day 308  Day before the wedding!  The bride had planned to be baptised in water at NOON.  I was tired, feeling lazy, and just exhausted from the run around.  I honestly wanted to just stay home (well, at the apartment of the friend I was staying with) and just relax.  I thought about the future and how I knew I'd look back and regret it if I wasn't there for such an important event.  I got to meet so many of their friends and family that I've heard about all these years, and the presence of the Lord was so strong!  They asked me to lead everyone in worship, and then the bride tearfully read a Psalm and expressed her love for Jesus.  I was so proud of her and her fiance (I was their youth group mentor through jr. high and high school) and so glad I chose to join her close family and friends in support of her decision to go deeper with Jesus Christ.

Day 309  The WEDDING DAY!  The bride and I left at 8:00am to make it downtown Milwaukee for our hear appointments on time.  I was really tired from all the planning, running around, and events of the weekend, and prayed for strength for the day.  When I went to the restroom, I passed a spa area with inviting cushioned beds with stacks of magazines in the lounge of the spa.  It looked so comfortable and the peaceful spa music pulled me in.  It'd be okay to use the spa, right?  I laid down on the comfy bed, closed my eyes, and escaped into peaceful bliss.  Though it was only for about five minutes, I got up rejuvinated and ready for the long day ahead.

Lesson:  now's the time--do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails