Day 310 Came home from the wedding weekend and committed to typing up all of my realizations about wedding planning and wedding details so that I would remember them for the day I get married.
Day 311 A friend showed up in the morning to go walking (miscommunication) and we ended up chatting in my livingroom. When she mentioned wanting to go see a matinee movie I seized the moment, and a few hours later left the theater totally inspired to follow my heart about a career change.
Day 312 Claimed my sister's birthday over ministry, and the worship pastor was very supportive and understanding about it. I also emailed the Chris Tomlin website and asked how to send them songs I've written for him to consider using. You never know unless you try, right?
Day 313 Went to Kohl's to buy a slip so that I was "safe" when singing under the stage lights for worship team. Ladies--a slip. I haven't worn one since I was a little girl! I found myself standing infront of a wall of choices, not sure what material, cut, etc. was the best. Another customer came around the corner and began sifting through them too. After a few seconds, I decided to just go for it. So I introduced myself and asked her for her opinion/help. She opened right up with advice, memories of slips from the "old days" when she first wore them, etc. I couldn't helping smiling as I went to make my purchase.
Day 314 Camping with the family--I was the only one that chose to "rough it" in a tent! With the "zero percent chance of rain" forecast, I didn't think to ask for a tarp to go with the tent I borrowed from my brother. At 2:00am I woke up to sprinkles bouncing on my face through the top of the tent. Got creative: snuck out and grabbed the water-proof picnic table tablecloth and the clamps that held it in place and monkeyed together a tarp to cover my tent. A few hours later I awoke to the sound of pouring rain. My sister kept calling me from the camper to see if I wanted to join them, but I was determined. It wasn't until the third time, when I awoke to loud thunder and lightning and a water in the corners of my tent that I had to retreat to the camper. The four of us (my sister, brother-in-law, their wheaton terrier, and me) slept like sardines in the air conditioning of the tiny, two-person camper until morning.
Day 315 Tonight I felt very rejected by a friend that I just wanted to spend time with. I drove home, the sadness turning to bitterness. Claimed the conversation: prayed first, called them, and the Lord totally helped me communicate it calmly. After talking through it, the burden was lifted and it no longer boiled in me, ruining my Saturday night. I enjoyed the rest of the evening at peace in my little apartment.
Day 316 Remember how I emailed the worship pastor one of the songs I've written, as he's looking for new music to use in church? Well, I never heard back from him. Today I decided to "try, try again." This time, I actually sent him a song just for some basic feedback on if the tune sounded original to him, not to see if he wanted to use it. Don't give up, right?!
Lesson: only you can choose to live your life
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment