Day 324 I was lonely and sad about a certain someone after volleyball tonight. Instead of moping around the house, I went out for an actual run (NO walking)--the first one in years; it felt great!!
Day 325 I'd won a $75 skincare gift from Mario Tricoci at a girls' night and just didn't need it; skincare is not something you want to change once you're happy with a product! Although the manager would not return it, I left proud that I'd gotten up the gumption to have a rather long conversation with her about it. So now what do I do with it??
Day 326 My storage unit is a mess--everything piled on top of each other makes it a dreaded chore to get something out from the bottom. Today I tackled the mess and totally organized it! What a great feeling!
Day 327 When driving home I heard a radio advertisement for a Chicago Fun Packet that includes maps, calendars of events, and free passes to places in Chicago. I claimed it, wrote down the e-mail address given to request a packet, and emailed them right away!
Day 328 Dinner plans at Cheesecake Factory with a guy friend who I havent seen in a year brought me to Woodfield tonight. Now, you know I hate confrontation. Amidst a tense part of the conversation, when he finally asked why I seemed so defensive, I claimed brutal honesty and firmly yet politey spoke my mind. After talking through it, we enjoyed dinner and strolling through the mall. I couldn't help feeling proud of myself for opening up.
Day 329 Have you ever been driving on a sunny day, landed under a rain cloud, and just a few minutes later escaped into sunshine again? We were romanced with a beautiful double rainbow today and I took the time to silently thank the Lord for His promises to me/us. Before falling asleep, I again thanked Him for specific promises. I'm sure I drifted off with a smile on my lips.
Day 330 A girl friend was visiting for four days and I was exhausted. My Sunday morning alarm went off and I just couldn't do it. I woke up shortly after, knowing I needed to claim my commitment to the music ministry and church and get my toosh to choir. Although I missed the 8am rehearsal, I made it in time for both services!
Lesson: Life is about the little choices
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment