"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Part 2

Day 331  Got up the courage to call a stomach specialist (after four years of digestion issues) and schedule an appointment.

Day 332  Something new: After a year at my apartment, I finally invited my sister and her husband over to watch a movie! I usually always go to their place to "get out," but this time they came over; it was super fun to host!

Day 333  Today I decided to be pro-active and get prepared for my upcoming appointment with the stomach specialist. I typed a list of my symptoms, doctor appointments, treatments I've tried, and specific times of pain/bloating.  Better to be over-prepared than not at all!

Day 334  Ever since I found out last year that every Thursday night the local Municipal Band performs a free concert in the park, I've wanted to go.  Tonight I finally did!  I found out that a friend of a friend plays in the band and tonight he was doing a solo.  So, I invited a few girl friends, we brought our camping chairs, and enjoyed the small-town feel of pie/ice cream, families, and music in the park.

Day 335  After our music curriculum meeting today, one of my colleagues (who teaches choir at another middle school in our district) asked me and the other choir director to lunch.  I really wanted to just go home and put my feet up, but I knew that it'd be good to build relationships with them.  I claimed a "yes" and soon was excited about it.  I talked the other choir director into coming and we ended up chatting over Chinese food.  They of course asked about my love life, which could have taken all day to describe, and we chatted about ideas for the upcoming year.  I was actually really glad I went!

Day 336  When I was at the concert in the park on Thursday, they announced that there was to be a special Big Band Concert tonight.  So, I talked my family into going (mom was visiting) and they loved it!  Claim this time?  No checking my cell phone, or the time, for the entire concert.  It was a nice escape!!

Day 337  A friend of our family's was having a surprise 60th Birthday party today and I really wanted to go.  It'd been so long since seeing them, and I thought it'd be something fun and new to do.  My mom just wanted to do something low-key, and the rest of my family wasn't going, so I knew it was up to me if we went.  Sunday afternoon--everyone gets lazy and wants to relax, including me!  But, I mustered up the energy and we went.  It was a fun Hawaiian theme, and like a small reunion.  Plus, I got to see the woman's daughter, a good friend of mine, who I haven't seen in forever!!

Lesson: Don't put things off so long!

2 comments:

  1. I was so proud of you for coming...way to claim it! Hope you had fun with your little guy afterward...and I hope the stomach issues resolve. I've had those lately (though not as badly as you) and have had to avoid tomato-saucey products, apple juice and anything with the word cream (and often milkfat). Totally depressing for this pseudo-Wisconsin girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job with that party!! I wish we could've talked longer. So, when are we doing coffee?? Girl, we've gotta make this happen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails