"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Sunday, July 4, 2010

School's Out! Part 5

Day 317  My sister called and invited me to lay out at the pool with her, and eventhough I wasn't in the mood to because I wanted to be productive, I found myself choosing time with her and enjoying the sunny weather over accomplishing my "schedule."  I was surprised that the decision was so easy and we ended up having one of the best, most personal convos we've had in a long time.  I noticed afterward that she called me a lot more throughout the week to hang out; it felt nice!   

Day 318  I was lonely.  We'd finished playing sandvolleyball, went to Portillo's with the group, and I just didn't want to be alone.  A certain someone was being distant, I needed people, and I knew I needed to claim the night instead of the mood claiming me.  So, I invited myself over to my sisters to watch a movie--the three of us huddled around the Redbox until we found our selection and then relaxed on the couch for a late-night movie.  By the time I got in bed, I was so tired that I crashed out without the chance of loneliness to  return.

Day 319  There is something totally freeing about cleaning out your wallet, lining your many credit cards (yes, plural) on the kitchen counter, and chopping them up with a shiny pair of scissors.  Debt be gone!!

Day 320  A certain choir girl who I've been trying to reach out to, who doesn't really talk to me at all, totally shocked me--I was one of seven people that she handed an invitation to, inviting us to a free movie at the Hollywood Palms dinner movie theater!  She'd won 8 tickets and wanted to bring ME!  Tonight we went to the movie, and even though I'd already seen it, I kept that to myself and went along for the fun.  It was a blast, and she even hugged me when we left!!

Day 321  Today I experienced the most physical pain I've ever had in my life--severe piercing in my stomach and so much bloating I thought I'd burst.  I stood over the sink, feeling like I was going to throw up, crying and praying for the Lord's help.  I could barely move it was so painful.  No one was around to help me, and I was left to face it alone.  After barely being able to get out, "Help me, Jesus!" I realized I needed to put my mind on Him, not the pain.  I claimed the moment and began to shout thanksgiving and praise to His name as the tears came.  I began to sing worship songs and thank Him for who He is.  I distinctly remember all of a sudden being very aware that HE was there, and He was holding me in His hand, and that was better than any physical person or doctor.  After about 20 or 25 minutes, the pain left.  Little by little, the bloating decreased and the scare was over. 

Day 322  I (finally) mailed out a letter and up-to-date photos of my family and me to a dear elderly lady, my "grandma," I sent a Christmas card to over the holidays.  She'd written back and I had her letter laying on my desk for months, awaiting a much-deserved reply.  Funny, how life gets away from us.

Day 323  My close friends who just got married came to visit.  They are fun, crazy, and goofy all in one!  It was already past 10pm or 11pm and they decided they wanted to get pizza and punch.  I was very tired.  Totally not in the mood to go.  When my sister volunteered to go with them, I knew I needed to claim it instead of being lazy and sitting on the couch staring at the wall or snoozing.  All of us (my sister, brother-in-law, their big dog, my two friends, and I) piled in the little Honda and sped off to SuperWalmart.  We ended up having a blast, as the my friends brought along their new video camera and were narrating the entire experience.  I haven't laughed like that in a long time!!

Lesson:  A claim will not be regretted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails