Day 338 Time to get all my debt under control! Typed up a list of my smallest debts and came up with a plan of how pay them off A.S.A.P.! I printed it off and put it in a place where I'd see it often to help remind me to be financially responsible and get free!
Day 339 Ever since I joined the church choir, one of the older women who I've become friends with has been inviting me to various art shows/galleries that include her artwork. Today I finally went! When I left, I felt like I'd walked through a journey of my soul. Each artist had included a typed description of the inspiration and process behind their piece, and it brought the artwork alive and left me totally inspired to live and to create. I can't even describe how great it felt to call her on the way home and tell her that I'd just gone to see the exhibit... Maybe it is better to give than to receive!
Day 340 I was beaten down in shame, discouragement, and fear. Tonight at choir the director/pastor stopped rehearsal to give a short message (which he does sometimes); it was all about fear/worry. He read several verses about it and then did something that I haven't ever seen him do. He said, "I want anyone here that is struggling with fear or worry to stand up right now and we're going to pray for you." Without even taking time to think, I jumped to my feet, and noticed I was the first one up. Like a ripple effect, people across the choir started to stand. Tears came as they laid hands on me and prayed. I ended up sharing my struggles with the woman I described above. This whole experience showed me the growth that has come through this journey of claiming--more and more, I am seizing moments without debate or hesitation. I needed this!!!
Day 341 How often have you been driving on a scenic route and just wanted to pull over and take it all in? I'm sure if you're like me, it's been hundreds of times. On my journey home to my parents' today, I decided to take the time to take it in; I'd just driven around a curve to find beautiful green hills and fields on my left, grasses and trees lightly swaying. I pulled the car over to the side of the road, opened my window, and stared, trying to remember that beautiful picture. Though this probably only last five minutes due to the heat pouring in my window, it was enough to enjoy the serenity that only the beautiful outdoors can bring.
Day 342 A rainy, lazy day at my parents house; the perfect opportunity to escape into a good book! I decided to lay there all day, guilt-free, and read without letting myself feel like I was wasting the entire day. This was a big step for me because when I go home I usually feel bad taking time for myself. I must say: This was wonderful! Do this!!
Day 343 Tired. Not feeling social, and especially not feeling like meeting new people and having to make conversation. You know how it is. Tonight I was to go to a birthday party for a new girl friend where I knew I wouldn't know anyone. I was tempted to back out, but knew I needed to claim it and be there for her, especially since there were only going to bve four or five of us there. I ended up having a bonding conversation with a girl there who is also older and single, having digestion/health issues, and dealing with the stresses of major finanical struggles. The Lord encouraged me by using me to encourage her. It was a good reminder that God can and WILL use the struggles we go through for His glory!
Day 344 How many times do we get asked, "How are you?" in a day, and answer with some canned response that totally covers over our true mood or emotional state? And how many times do we ask someone how they're doing and then not really take the time to find out? I was presented with this opportunity this morning at church... Another single girl that I'm getting to know through choir was walking by me, and when I greeted her and asked her how she was, her response did not match the sadness in her face. I stopped walking, and asked, "Are you sure? You don't sound like you're okay." As soon as I said it, her eyes filled with tears and I reached out to hug her. She shared her struggle with loneliness and just feeling really alone. I have been there! I tried to encourage her the best I could and offered my number incase she ever wanted to hang out. Lord, make me more aware of others and give me Your heart for them!!
Lesson: life is about giving your life away
Monday, July 26, 2010
Summer Part 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment