I woke up to red sunbeams bursting through my window. Glancing at the clock, I saw that it was a mere 5:58. Too early for this night owl, yet I was wide awake. I felt that the Lord had awoken me, wanting me to take in the beautiful sunrise before me. Knowing the last time I'd gone outside to view a sunrise was at least ten years ago, I decided it was a must. I pulled on some workout pants and a hoody, slipped on my flipflops, and headed out the door. It was magnificent! Just as I got to the sidewalk in search of a better view, I turned and my eyes grew wide with amazement: the sky to the West was decorated with the tallest, clearest rainbow I have ever seen! I couldn't believe it! In the East--a sunrise, in the West--a promise. Jesus had done this for me! He was with me. He would never forsake me. And He wanted to remind me. As I took in the beautiful colors, the left end of the rainbow started to glow from the sun's rays. I started to follow it down the sidewalk, hoping to get a better view of the sphere that was illuminating the sky. When I reached the end of the rainbow, I could see but the tip of the sun, yet it was gorgeous. When I turned to view the rainbow again, it was completey gone, just like that. It didn't even seem to fade. It was simply, well, gone. I smiled. This was for me.
Lesson: Jesus sees you.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG..u r on 364....cool....am back after a big break from blogging...and am so happy that i made it before you enter the 365th one..if u remember, i asked you this question long back that whats gonna happen when u reach 365...fionally, lets c what lies ahead. :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you stay and keep scoring more.
Yes, I remember your question--I found it rather interesting, considering that you don't know me, so it stood out. ;) So, what happens after Day 365? Well--I'm two weeks down the road and I'm asking myself the same thing... I'm still really living, though I've also found that I'm happier after this whole journey and can be okay with just an ordinary day. Still I am searching for what to do with this blog, if anything... Does the typing stop here?
ReplyDelete