"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 365 A Different Kind of School

My last claim.  I can hardly believe it!  Has it really been a whole year?  Everything that has happend, all of the changes in me...  Will I ever be able to recount, to grasp, all that the Lord has done for me, in me, through this journey?  How much has changed!  How much I have changed.  I can truly say that I am content.  I can truly say that I am His.  And I can truly say that claiming has become a part of me.  What more could I desire?  Wasn't this the desired outcome of this journey?  YES.  Jesus has met me in it and done a work in me.  Oh how faithful is our Savior! 

So what, you may ask, was my final claim?  Something new, something exciting.  Something like nothing else I've done before--I went snorkeling, surrounded by schools of fish, rocks and algae...  Waterfalls, laughter, and friends.  The feeling of swimming amidst colorful creatures was invigorating!  I chased them, reached out to them, swirled around in the water near them.  What a world! 

Final Lesson: life is a choice.  never stop living it!

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Bethany! To quote "Strictly Ballroom," "A life lived in fear is a life half lived." You have spent this year being fearless in your claims and fearless in your walk with Jesus and it shows. I pray the best for you on your life's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on getting to ur last claim!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails