"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Part 5

Day 352  Eventhough dizzy from the painkillers, I decided to follow through with plans to take Mom to our sandvolleyball tournament to watch my team play.  It honestly was a memorable bonding time!  I never realized that my mom really likes volleyball or that she had played in school.  We had a lot of fun watching an cheering them on together.

Day 353  Our group was hanging out and, after eating, I started getting a piercing pain in my side again.  I was so scared that it was something serious!  Instead of toughing it out alone, or just asking them to be praying for me, I claimed the moment and asked them to lay hands on me right then and there.  It has been at least a year or two since I've done such a thing, and their prayers really brought me peace.

Day 354 A friend from the past sent me a thoughtful e-mailing checking up on my surgery.  I opened the e-mail to reply and then thought, "I haven't talked to him in a long time--I should just call and tell him the awesome God story in person!"  So I did, though I had to leave a message and wait for a reply.  When we finally chatted, I was glad I chose the more personal route, and I was encouraged as I recounted the Lord's faithfulness and protection during the emergency.

Day 355  Another doctor, another frustrating appointment.  This time, it was my eye doctor.  Gumption kicked in and I addressed the issue.  It didn't go very well, as the doctor's response was, "You just need to stay out of it--we're trying to find the best prescription for you..."  Although it wasn't the response I'd hoped for, I was glad that I'd at least been mature enough to express my frustation in their handling of the matter. 

Day 356  Tonight my mom and I laughed together so much--something that doesn't happen often with "mother" and "daughter."  I had been working on a song I'm writing and decided to ask her to sing the duet part with me.  We tried to record ourselves several times and ended up giggling most of the time.  This is a memory I'll remember for a long time!

Day 357  Freedom!  I was finally well enough to make it on my own!  On the drive back from riding with my mom to meet my dad and get my car back, I blasted my Michael Buble cd and my friend Nicole and I sang at the top of our lungs, grooving in our seats and having a good time.  I was back to the land of the living!!

Day 358  I had fallen.  I needed encouragement and prayer.  After the church service I went up for prayer and expressed my need for physical healing.  As they prayed, I felt prompted by the Holy Spirit to be completely vulnerable and honest and ask them to pray for what I really needed prayer about.  With total openess I told them about my struggle and asked them to pray for me a second time.  I've never done such a thing before in my life, but walking out of the church I felt lifted.

Lesson: eventually, at the end of the day, you will find that you claimed without realizing it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails