"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Abyss Part 1 (Days 203-208)

How shall I communicate these simple claims?
Claims amidst such discouragement and lack of hope?
I think a simple description will do.
A simple description to tell you--
even in the rough times we can choose to do something.

Day 203: Turned down a friend's invitation for dinner for some much-needed alone time before volleyball. Lesson: If you need time, take it guilt-free!

Day 204: Gave up the pride of trying to go through heavy discouragement alone and sent a mass text pleading for prayer.  Lesson: when we are weak, the strength of others' faith brings the hope we need

Day 205: Tired.  Unmotivated.  Decided to say YES to my sister's invitation to dinner.  We had fun chatting and discovered by trying a Dancing with the Stars workout video (which I really didn't feel like doing, by the way) that we are not as coordinated as we thought!  After much laughter, we switched to trying Pilates.  Still hilarious, but managable.  I left with a big smile and (hopefully) a smaller butt! Lesson: choosing to have the energy to do something may just bring you the energy you need!

Day 206:  Friday night--movie night at the movie theater with a girl friend I haven't hung out with in forever!  Claim?  Say YES to butter on my popcorn, and a big cup of pop, and not feeling guilty about spending the money or gaining the calories--it's girls' night and I'm gonna celebrate! Lesson: learn to be more care-free

Day 207:  Discouragement and sadness were heavy on my heart.  I lay in bed thinking on my life.  Finally I thought, "I need to just bring this to God."  So I did, and literally asked Him, "What do you do when all you're left with is broken dreams?"  Tears started to flow when He immediately spoke an old hymn into my head: "Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows?  Are you tired of spinning round and round?  Pack up all the shattered dreams of your life, and at the feet of Jesus lay them down... Give them all, give them all, give them all to Jesus--shattered dreams, wounded hearts, and broken toys.  Give them all, give them all, give them all to Jesus--and He will turn your sorrows into joys."  I got up from my bed, grabbed the old torn hymnal and turned to the familiar page.  As I lay in my  bed, hymnal in hand and tears streaming down my face, I began to sing the song to Jesus. As I sang through my tears, His love and Light poured over me and surrounded me and I was reminded that our wonderful Savior is with me.  His is here and He is all we need! Lesson: be honest with God--He will meet you there

Day 208: Do you ever have someone close to you call and suggest something to you, and then you forget about it or blow it off?  Sometimes you say something like, "I'll have to try that sometime" knowing that you probably never wil?  I can be guilty of this.  My Mom called today and recommended that I listen to a pastor/speaker onlikne named Charles Stanley because she'd hear him give a great sermon loneliness. This time, I chose to claim the suggestion.  As I listened to the sermon, I began to be encouraged--I found hope and purpose for this season of my life.  I was left with this: See your season of being alone as a divine appointment from God; He wants your loneliness to draw you to Him. Lesson: don't blow off the advice of those closest to you

2 comments:

  1. She's back! Thanks for your gameness to share the sorrows as well as the joys. - M

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails