Day 237: After getting rid of the stress/bad mood that was lingering over my taxes, I decided to do the long sheet by hand to double check that I'd added everything correctly using the H and R Block online program. I totally did it, although was slightly overwhelmed. But, taxes are something that totally intimidate me, so it feel like a big accomplishment!
Day 238: I love apples. Do you? My favorite are Mckintosh. When I went grocery shopping today I decided to break out of my regular routine and try a different kind--"Jazz apples." The name struck me, so I thought, "Why not?" They were good, though not even close to my favorites!
Day 239: At choir practice at church tonight the regular piano player wasn't there. The director (who is not our official director) was having a really hard time playing and directing at the same time; he's just not great on keys. I wanted to volunteer to play (I accompanied choirs from 6th grade all the way through college), but I didn't have the guts. Finally, after almost 20 minutes of mustering up the guts, I just claimed it (which is not easy to do when you're the newbie in the choir and the level of musicianship is very high). I was a little bummed when he turned me down, but I had to remind myself that he's never heard me play and doesn't know my abilities yet. At least I had the guts to ask!
Day 240: Beautiful day--I needed to get out and enjoy the weather. I was tempted to stay in and just be lazy, but instead picked up the phone and asked a girl friend to go walking. It was definitely a work out, and on the way home I made the conscious choir to appreciate all the nature around me--new tulips and daffodils budding, the sweet smell of the white blossoms on the trees above us.... Spring is here!
Day 241: So there's a complication with the title of my car. Somehow the DMV messed up the year on my vehicle (which I discovered when I got my license plate renewal papers in the mail) when I registered it a year and a half ago. Turns out that they had two different years in the computer for my car and I was never mailed a title--I thought they mailed it to the bank I got the car loan from. Not so! So I have no title! For the past month I've been telling myself that I needed to get back to the DMV and talk to them about it. Today was the day--I finally made it there! I stood in line for 45 minutes, surrounded by loud, rude, or tired people, only to get to the front and discover that they'd have to make some phone calls and let me know the next week. What a waste of a Friday afternoon!!
Day 242: I had guests for the weekend--a young couple who I mentored through their junior high and high school years--and decided to stop worrying so much about money and splurge for my guests! We went to the grocery store and I let them pick out fun foods (and junk food) for the weekend. It felt great to do something with someone else in mind, and reminded me of the good old days when I was still in college and had them and the other youth over for late-night hang outs.
Day 243: I ended up getting locked out of my apartment when I had loaned a friend my keys and had to wait for them to meet me at my apartment. What I thought would be a 10 minute wait turned into 35-40 minutes. I was so frustrated! At first I sat in my car trying to ignore the frustration and stress (I had a lot of school work to plan before the next morning and felt like I was totally wasting precious time!). Then, I decided to use the time to make some phone calls and catch up with some friends. My bad mood didn't lend to long conversations. Finally, after 20 minutes of waiting I knew I needed to get over it. So, I started praying for that really rude girl at church. I started to feel a little better, but I must admit that it was hard to keep praying when I was so annoyed. My mood did not overly improve. I definitely failed this claim.
Lesson: sometimes just attempting a claim brings puts one in better spirits, even if the claim itself is not accomplished
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're heading up, I'm heading down. Go figure. But summer will be good to both of us!
ReplyDeleteTo everything there is a season I suppose, though I'm sorry that you're on a downward slope! Been there, many times--hang in there!! Life always turns around. :)
ReplyDeleteLydia--thanks for the encouraging feedback and tip. I will definitely check it out! Blessings!
ReplyDelete