Day 230: Chose to speak in utter honesty with my brother and his wife about my dating life and personal struggles.
Day 231: Bought gifts for the music pastor and music secretary at much church as a thank you for all they do.
Day 232: Answered the call of a girl friend that I knew could be a long conversation (even though I was tired) and seized an invitation to go out for dinner.
Day 233: Delivered the gifts to Pastor Tim and the music secretary and pushed back the cowardice approach of just "dropping them off." Enjoyed watching them open the gifts infront of me.
Day 234: Left a message turning down a Saturday evening invitation to meet a friend and her husband for dinner, but then the claim mentality set in and I called back two seconds later leaving a message with a better time to meet up (which happend to be a "big sacrifice" for me as I'm jealous over my Saturday afternoons)!
Day 235: Finally did that errand that I kept writing post-its about: picked up my bridesmaid dress!
Day 236: The whole weekend I was struggling and stressing as I attempted to figure out how to do my taxes alone (I own my own business which makes it more complicated). Today I decided, "No more stressing. You can do this. Believe in yourself." And I did. Without stress. If I can do this, I can do anything!!!
Lesson: perspective and happiness is always a choice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't realize you owned your own business! Crazy cool! And it sounds like it's been quite a ride lately, even with being sick. I claim more books than experiences, so I admire you muchly.
ReplyDeleteEither I meant to comment and didn't or you didn't 'approve' it... : ) but what business do you own? Is it the lessons you give or something else?
ReplyDeleteAnd...welcome back!
I'm sorry--I just haven't checked my blog in a while! I'm having difficulty finding time/motivation to sit down and type about everything lately. It took your encouraging call a few weeks ago to bring me back! I owned my own music business in WI for several years--I made $40,000/year doing lessons! I put it aside when I moved to IL to teach and just started teaching a little last summer, so I had to figure that out when doing my taxes (I used to have an accountant in WI who did it for me!). I can't believe I figured out how to do it--do you do your own taxes???
ReplyDelete