After an amazing week last week I found it much harder to be motivated to claim. Claiming felt trivial; why claim when there's a "cure" that's so much better? Determined to meet my year-long goal, I kept claiming, even through over a week and a half of being super sick, missing work, and spending much of my time in bed... I did not type because I honestly was too sick to do much of anything. I discovered something this week: Being sick and fuzzy-minded made it difficult to focus on my goal of claiming, and often the evening came and I thought, "Okay, did I claim anything today?" And wonderfully, I realized that I consistently did!!!
Day 216: Sick. Very sick. Sore throat, stuffy nose, headache, dizzyness--felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Claim? Find the humility to ask a friend to go to the store for me (I've never done this before that I recall!). What a relief to have them stock me up with soup, cleenex, cough drops, juice... What are friends for?!
Day 217: Today I made a personal claim and failed miserably. Why is it so hard to do the right thing at times? Why must we all have an area of weakness that gets us?
Day 218: Reclaimed yesterday's claim: "I will succeed!" And I did. :)
Day 219: I felt so lifted after today's claim! What was it you may ask? Something so simple, but so refreshing... I cleaned out my entire email account, widdling it down from hundreds of emails to only eight and organizing everything into files! What a great feeling to finally do something that's been on a to-do list for years!
Day 220: Had to end a short phone conversation with my mom because she called just as I was sitting down to eat the home-cooked meal I prepared for a girl friend and me. I seized two moments today...
1) Inviting Nicole over and cooking a healthy meal instead of plopping on the couch and eating a "quickie."
2) Taking the time to call my mom back after dinner and be sensitive to the fact the she may have got her feelings hurt that I didn't talk long.
Day 221: Why is it so hard to get out of my life and think of other people?? Sometimes I feel so centered on ME. Tonight as I was enjoying the ride home to my beautiful Wisconsin hometown, I put in a cd that a friend of mine had burned for me way back in college. His face popped into my head and I smiled. Instead of enjoying the moment alone, I decided to call him and let him know that it made me think of him and that I wanted to see how he was doing. I had to leave a voice mail, but he returned my call soon after. I couldn't help smiling as I thought of how much doing even something little for someone else can bring a burst of happiness into my day.
Day 222: SICK. Still. Claim? Sleep all day/stay in bed without feeling lazy, unproductive, or guilty for not doing something! It's just what I needed!
Lesson: eventually, choosing to live becomes a habit!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment