Do you know what is an amazing event? When something that you've known in your mind is finally known by your heart.
This happend to me this week, and it was HUGE; It has changed my entire perspective on the present circumstances in my life, and the continual struggle concerning some confusion about someone that I'm interested in. (Yes, the same person who my heart was hurting about awhile back).
So, what caused such a change this week?? It was my claim--a claim within this journey of claiming, if that makes sense. I chose to claim, for the entire week, to spend all of my prayer time simply PRAISING the Lord: No asking Him for things, asking Him to change things, or praying about any of my present circumstances. Instead, to just thank Him for who He is and what He's done and what He's yet to do.
This was the most powerful week I've had with the Lord in the past year; He honored my claim by instantly drawing near to me--His presence and Light so strong that I could literally feel His love. Do you know what I mean by this?
I sat there, on my knees in my livingroom, and all around me was the most wonderful Light, love, and comfort. He kept drawing me, giving me peace, taking away my fears, and changing the direction of the reels of my mind. For the first time, I could honestly pray, "Have your way, Lord" in my personal life without fear. It was a week of praising that I know has changed the course of my heart and life.
He truly does calm our fears!!!
Within the week, there were several days where I also claimed something, although it wasn't mandatory within this larger claim. Instead, I just found that it happend naturally, such as: calling in and donating money to Moody Radio for the first time, not recording/writing down a song the Lord gave me and instead keeping it just for Him in that moment, and even fixing a lampshade in my livingroom that has been falling apart for over a year now! Throughout the Seven days of Praise, there was one day that I forgot to make the time to come to Him--I had company over and was feeling so sick that I crashed around 9pm on a Friday night! Did I do any claim that day? YES! I veered from "the normal" at my favorite restaurant and tried a soup! Conclusion? Great but not a new favorite.
Lesson:
JESUS is the real key to happiness!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AMEN! Thanks for the encouragement!
ReplyDeleteThanks John! And, your whole life is an encouragement to me!! Keep on serving the Savior. :)
ReplyDelete