"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 1 Getting Started

Have you ever had something you've always wanted to try, but never quite had the guts (or maybe the time) to just go for it? For almost ten years I've wanted to learn to salsa and swing dance. In college, I never had a consistent guy in my life and therefore concluded, "Well, it's a partner dance and I don't have a partner so I'll just have to wait." I changed my mind when the college offered a three credit swing dance class and my sister agreed to enroll too. We were totally disappointed on the first day of class when we were told by the instructor that we had to have a partner by the next class or drop the class.... Our schedules were 3 credits lighter by the next day.

So here I am, five years down the road without a partner and without dance moves. Let it be known:

I AM DONE WAITING!

The proof? Well, today I went to my first private dance lesson! It was exhilerating! Not only did I discover that I have talent and learn quicker than many, I left with the satisfaction that I'd finally accomplished the first step of a journey I've put off for so long.

What's that quote? "Getting started is half the battle."

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to take art lessons since I was little. But my family always wanted me more into sports. So, I'm done waiting too. I signed up for a class in oil painting this coming fall. I'm so excited! I've done a little oil painting, but didn't really know what I was doing, except that I really enjoyed it. This is going to be so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Nikki! Let me know how it goes! I'm sure that you'll leave your first class feeling really excited about it and happy that you decided to go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails