"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 9, 10, & 11 To Pamper or not to Pamper?

Yes, I have been choosing to continue this adventure every day. Sorry that I haven't gotten to the keyboard more consistetly. First week back at work has left me exhausted and busy, but no excuses! I will do better. ...So, how have you been? Are you sticking with your claims?

Here's a summary of the last 3 days of my One Year Adventure... With it being my first week back at worked I claimed ways to pamper myself and balance my life so that I could stay refreshed...

Day 9: Today came the temptation to forego meeting up with my friends for our regular weekly Bible study because I was seriously wiped out from work. You've been there. I wanted to just lay on my couch and stare at a movie and not think at all. Decision? Don't let work ruin my social or spiritual life! Going to the group was so rewarding, and believe it or not, one of my friends commented in the middle of the Bible study that I was so full of energy. She was right: somehow it came back! Amazing what happens when one puts God, and friendships, first. Lesson: find energy--it's there.

Day 10: Thursday--almost the end of the week. I will survive! My claim for Day 11 was to leave everything about work at work and enjoy my evening all for ME. What did I do? Rented a movie and plopped down on my couch with my bed pillows and two of my softest comforters. It felt like a Friday night and it was, well, wonderful. I think I literally let out a sigh of relaxation the moment my head rested on my squishy pillow. :) Lesson: movie nights are not just for Fridays.

Day 11: Friday! Praise Jesus!! The end of week one of work. Summary? Complete exhaustion! By the time I got home every muscle in my body ached and I could hardly move. I seriously felt like I was 68 not 28, and was ready for bed by 6:00pm. What did I claim? A nice long two-hour nap with NO guilt. Lesson: sometimes sleep is all it takes.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it through your first week of teaching!!!

    You deserve to reward yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails