"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 6 Sunny Side Up

Yesterday, Day 6, was the day before my first day back at school with students. Amazing how we can let work take over our personal lives. I found myself declining invitations to go do something fun and soon felt discouraged about my job. My relaxing Sunday soon turned into a a drudge, as the heaviness of work set in. But then I remembered this whole new adventure and approach to life and "put my foot down" on my mindset. I chose balance and ended up spending a fun afternoon at the pool. It changed my whole day, and truly turned things sunny side up! I was able to enjoy the summer weather and still come home and have time to prepare for work the next day.

Lesson: BALANCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails