"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 172 A "Hum Along"

Today's claim wasn't even a conscious choice.  Does it still count?  I think so, as the goal of this whole journey is to gradually change my perspective and priorities so that I come to live every day as if I'm claiming even though I am not consciously doing so.  Here's what happend:

This morning was my second time singing in the church choir.  The music and sermon was so powerful that I left encouraged and uplifted, excited about life and singing one of the worship songs from the service.

On the way home I stopped by the grocery store to grab a few things and found myself humming the worship song as I was walking down an aisle.  All of a sudden I stopped--was someone else humming too?  I looked down the aisle to see a woman in her mid 50's pushing her cart and humming aloud.  As she whizzed by me I thought I recognized the song she was singing, so I instantly stopped her and asked, "Are we humming the same song?! Did we just get out of the same church service??"  She said, "Calvary?"  I exclaimed, "Yes!  I'm in the choir--are you?"  Surprised, she replied, "I am!"  I couldn't believe it.

I honestly think I can say this is the first time I have run into someone in the suburbs who I have some connection to or that I know, besides a student!  What a small world, and what a world to discover through serving at church!  We ended up chatting for about ten minutes before saying goodbye and continuing on with our errands.  I left with a smile.

Lesson: with consistent choices comes consistent, unconscious behaviors

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails