"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 176 A Surprise Stamped

With Valentine's Day around the corner I had some preparation to do! No, I'm not in a relationship (YES, I would have told you if i was.) This year, I decided to make a point to mail my mom and best friend a Valentine's Day card. It was really fun to think about making someone else smile on this special holiday (I love Valentine's Day!!) and I found myself getting excited and joyful as I read through the cards and tried to pick out the perfect ones to postmark and sending on their way.  I kept smiling as I thought about my Mom's smile when she would open the card. As I made my way to the post office, I was surprised at how elated I felt by doing such a small surprise for someone else.  Even standing in the long line at the post office had meaning--someone else was going to feel loved!

Lesson:  giving a little surprise may bring a joy that surprises us!

P.S.  My mom called yesterday (Saturday, Feb. 13th) super excited about the card I sent! I could tell it lifted her spirits.  Her smile came right through the phone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails