Day 190
Today I simply took a moment to be a helping hand.
I left my 3rd floor classroom to walk down the stairs,
homeward bound after a night of parent-teacher conferences,
when I saw a colleague with a walker and foot in a cast.
She was trying to go down the stairs,
and the male teacher next to her was going to pass by!
So I offered to carry her walker.
I found myself smiling as I carried her walker,
and chatted with her, down to the first floor.
People. It's really about people.
Lesson: choosing to be a blessing brings a cheerful heart--to both people!
Day 191
Something new! With someone new!
Tonight I went to a modern version of a play:
"As You Like It" by Shakespeare,
with a woman from my church choir.
She called me last-minute with an extra ticket,
as her friend had to take someone to the hospital,
and I claimed it! It was so fun!!
We had the best seats in the house, in a row for two.
It meant a lot that someone I barely know reached out...
thought of me. To be honest, it made my night!
Lesson: be a "Yes Woman" once in a while
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment