"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 200 & 201 Pillow Plans--Take Two

Is there a hobby that you used to enjoy as a kid?
Something that you just don't find time for anymore?
A talent that somehow got lost along the way?
I used to sew all the time when I was little.
We didn't have a television growing up,
so it forced me to find creative ways to fill my time...
Baking, sewing, drawing, writing books...
I used to make up patterns, outfits
(I actually convinced my mom to let me wear one to church one day;
the pictures are hilarious!), aprons, pillows...
Indian costumes for all my neighborhood friends...
At some point in junior high our sewing machine broke.
We were poor and didn't have money to replace it,
so I got out of the habit of sewing.

Today I decided to pick it up again with something simple...
I've been looking for months now for throw pillows for my couches.
It's exhausting waiting for stores to create the exact style/color I want!
So, I decided to make some myself, and sew them by hand!
I drove to Joann Fabrics, excited about my new claim.
Can you believe that in that entire store there was not ONE spool
that matches the style and colors of my living room?
On Day 201 I decided to reclaim the claim.
I walked through all the aisles at another store and found,
honestly,  ...nothing.  How can this be so difficult??

The search will continue!!

Lesson: don't lose--USE--your talents!

P.S. Incase you don't count a "reclaim" as a claim, I thought I'd let you know that I actually made two claims on Day 200...  My other claim was to call a girlfriend who I haven't talked to in forever (instead of just replying to the text she sent me that said she's pregnant again (baby #4!).  It was so fun to catch up, and I hung up feeling good that I prioritized her.  We ended the conversation with plans to have her come visit me soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could sew! I did it a little as a kid, but not with a machine. It would be so fun to actually make your own outfit. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails