So maybe I should fill you in on why I'm so discouraged.
Why the loneliness? Why the spiritual attacks?
I've had a lot of disappointment in the past few weeks.
As you know, I was supposed to be singing on the church worship team.
When I wasn't put on the schedule for March,
I emailed the worship leader and found out that he accidentally
overbooked the soprano section and,
"could I help with Wednesday nights instead?"
I replied a week ago and haven't heard back from him.
Also, I've been struggling with some details in my personal/love life--
missing someone, trying to trust God, discouraged with singleness....
Lacking fellowship; needing friends who are in this same stage of life.
When friends marry off, they forget the loneliness of being alone.
When will this season end?
What do you do when all you're left with is broken dreams?
Still I will worship.
Still I will sing.
Claim? Make a list of all the blessings in my life and focus on them!
Came up with 74 items (the list in not complete yet),
and decided to put a star by the ones that have happend in the past year.
Hope and encouragement lifted me when I saw that,
out of the first 26 items (page one of my list), 20 were starred!!
The Lord is GOOD.
ALL the time.
Praise Him all ye people of the Lord!
Lesson: I'm not where I want to be, but I'm not where I used to be, and that is huge!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is huge. He will bring you out into a broad place. (But you are right - it is hard to be the one left behind on the marriage journey. Friends do forget, even when they don't think they have.) - M
ReplyDeleteHi, Really great blog and post. All prayers are answered, it's just sometimes we don't like the answer. I like the way you are listing your blessings. I just wrote a post called "Seeking out Your Blessings" and thought you might enjoy it. Blessings, Sherry ---Daily Spiritual Tools
ReplyDelete