"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 192 & 193 Goodbye Winter!

Day 192

A backbone. Do you have one?
Have you ever been around someone who pushes their way in,
tries to take over, and acts like you don't know what you're doing?
What do you do? My internal battle:
"be a blessing/let it go, stick up for myself/don't be a doormat?"
Well, today my family helped my brother move into his new house--
he's been waiting forever for this! I'm so excited for him!
And there was a situation with a "helper" where I had to get a backbone!
And I did. Nicely. Politely. But I stood my ground. Go me!
(Is it okay I'm cheering myself on??)

Lesson: be a blessing but don't get bulldozed!


Day 193

I don't know if I should even type this one.
Some of you will want to kill me as soon as you read it!
Are you ready for this???
Well, today, I.... um....
Today I....took my Christmas tree down. (shy face)
Don't think I'm nuts! Well, you can if you want. I am!
But here's why this is a claim:
it's the fulfillment of a claim from December.
I decided to wait and type about it when it came true.
I decided to claim that I'd keep my tree up as long as I wanted,
and not feel one bit guilty about it! As time passed,
I set the date February 28th in my mind; I thought,
"The day after it comes down, I will be pushed right into Spring!"
No more sluggishly waiting for Spring. You know what's funny?
It worked! I'm in shock that it's sunny and rather warm out!

Lesson: when you live alone, enjoy the freedom of it!

5 comments:

  1. Whatever works for you! Although putting up our tree this year was weird...like we'd never had the intervening 10 months! - M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...your brother moved??? - M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! He moved, though not far from his other house--just a few minutes away! They now live in the neighborhood where Alyssa's dad's side lives. I'm so excited for them! Btw, did you get my email? Just wanted to make sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your tree was glorious while it lasted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you Nikki! :)'Til next year...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails