"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 198 & 199 Undercover Love

Day 198
Got a coverage slip at work;
had to cover an absent teacher's class.
A small amount of anxiousness set in.
You never know what to expect on these days!
Especially with this assignment: a bilingual classroom!

The Lord was all over it!
He helped me--gave me wisdom and favor--
from the start.
For the 25 minutes they worked,
I began some undercover work:
I started to pray for them.
I committed to praying the whole class period.
I don't know how to describe how good it felt.
I knew I was doing the best thing for them,
and nobody could stop me.

Lesson: separation of church/state shouldn't be a state-of-heart!

Day 199
Lonely lonely lonely.
Are you sensing a theme?
After so much time alone during the week,
the last thing I wanted was more alone time!
I wanted something FUN to do.

My sister and a girl friend both reached out,
and I spent a fun day with them.
But then the night came.
Friends were on dates, out of town,
or with other people I didn't know
(you know how it is--
when you're heavy hearted,
making conversation isn't all that fun).

After a good deal of prayer,
I decided to get out of my world,
stop feeling sorry for myself,
and do something for someone else.
So, I went to the store for a gift--
for my friend Nicole who's struggling too.
I bought her a "Hang in there" card and a journal.
It made me feel so much better!
Honestly!!

Lesson: love-in-action can bring a happy-heart reaction! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails