Day 194
Monday after work--tired, wanted to just stay in.
Afer settling in for the evening, realized I forgot an important errand:
tomorrow was the beginning of ISAT testing with the kids at school,
and I'd wanted to buy them a helathy snack to enjoy inbetween tests.
Last year the teacher that I worked with did that and I remember how thoughtful it was.
Claim? Stop being selfish with my night and GO TO THE STORE!
I totally changed my mood and made me excited to do a "good deed" for them!
Lesson: a good deed can turn a night around
Day 195
I didn't want to be home alone.
Loneliness has been a constant companion.
Had a great prayer time:
prayed that God would make me a blessing that night.
Decided to reach out to a friend--
turned into a comical night of volleybal with Nicole and her friends!
Afterwards, we had a heart-to-heart in her car on the way home.
Turns out she's been totally discouraged too.
It felt nice to be needed and lend a listening ear.
Lesson: remember that you're not the only one going through a struggle
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment