"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 7 Not just another Manic Monday

First day back at school with the kids and I met my goal! Let it be known: I am NOT a morning person! So, my goal of getting to work 30-45 minutes early today was quite the accomplisment! After getting up 15 minutes late, hitting almost every red light on the way to work, and experiencing some stress from the hinderances, I made it! 40 minutes early. 40 minutes to wake up, calm down, and get organized. It turned around the whole routine of my day, I was much more chipper with my morning classes, and I still went home refreshed!

Lesson: make this a habit.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm neither a morning person nor someone who likes Mondays. This week can't go fast enough for me.

    Yesterday I did something for myself. I learned how to knit. Now everytime someone I know is having a baby, I have a new skill. Its kinda enjoyable that us girls get to do such things. One advantage over being a guy. I think girls tend to be more crafty in general. There are some artistic guys, but I think we take more delights in the small things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn to knit! I tried it way back in college and haven't done it since. You need to teach me this winter when we're stuck inside. What are you going to make first??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably a scarf. My sister said its what most people start with. It would be a fun thing to do while watching a good chick flick on a friday night :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails