"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 169 A leap Ahead

Dear Reader,
I am starting to live!  It is happening!  Can't you tell?  I am feeling the pull to be IN my life instead of spending so much time typing about it. Can you believe my claim for yesterday was to actually NOT blog, simply because I wanted to enjoy life instead of staring at a screen? Please don't get me wrong; I love connecting with you, but I'm sure you have felt this at times. Life is too short.  Tonight my claim took me to a local nursing home to play bingo with the residents there. Watching them, talking with them, and seeing their season in life caused me to reflect. What do I want to remember, looking back on my life? When it's time to go Home, will I honestly be able to say that I really lived? Will I have redeemed the time?  Seized the day?  Taken the chance?  Given my all? Given up all?

Lesson:  a simple prayer: "Jesus, take my life!"

(I will now go back and start giving you the short version of my claims for the past week, Days 161-168.  Please be patient as I learn to balance living with writing...)

2 comments:

  1. what great perspective. isn't it awesome to just get away from the screen sometimes and focus on life, on people, on blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind comments, and for the suggestion. I will look into it! Again ,I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails