Day 16
It was the end of the work day,
a pile of books and paperwork waited for me on my desk.
Temptation set in--
"just take it home and do it there."
I paused.
I remembered my claims,
and then chose, "No."
A weight lifted as I left work empty-handed.
The night was all MINE--
I had finally said "Yes" to ME.
Lesson: remember what's truly important
Day 17
A beautiful, sunny day!
So beautiful, in fact,
that I was fooled into thinking it was a Friday...
No work the next day, no worries...
So I decided, why not?
Why not go out to dinner, walk around the shops,
and enjoy this day?
Well, there were plenty of reasons:
a counter covered with dishes,
dust on the bathroom floor,
clothes that needed folding...
We all have our lists.
But we won't always have this summer weather!
...the deep dish pizza at dinner was scrumptious,
the stroll afterward, refreshing.
Lesson: "Fridays" don't have to be saved for Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like that lesson. I'll try to have as many "fridays" as I can :)
ReplyDelete