"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 38 & Day 39 Bedtime, Really? Gravity

Day 38

Long work day!
School from 8-3:15.
Taught private music lessons until 6pm.
Drove back to school for Open House (6:30-8pm).
Yes, a long work day!

What to claim on such a day?
I just needed "me" time.
Relaxation.
Something to feel like the night was longer.
Did something I haven't done in a long time.
Decided to fall asleep on my couch.
Grabbed my pillows and comforter,
got into my pj's,
curled up on the couch,
and watched a bunch of "Friends" episodes.
Put my alarm on for midnight.
When it went off,
woke up and migrated to my bed.
It worked!
I felt like I had enough hours after work before having to crawl into bed.
It sounds silly, doesn't it?
Somehow, though,
it worked.

Lesson: it can be depressing going right to bed after work.

Day 39

No paper in the copy machine!
It was fate.
A reminder, really.
What am I doing trying to accomplish a to-do list,
after hours mind you,
on a Friday?
The copy room was like a gravitational pull.
I should be going HOME,
starting my weekend.
It was 3:30,
15 minutes after school got out,
and there I was...
thinking a few school days ahead,
trying to get prepared.
Now, we all know being prepared is good.
As well as being productive and responsible.
I must slightly digress.
See, I have a confession to make...
I have the tendency to....
um....
overachieve.
be quite organized.
work towards perfection...
So, don't take my claims as support of laziness,
lack of productivity (is this a word?!)
or not being responsible when it comes to our jobs.
I'm just trying to find the balance for ME.

So, thanks to the copier having no resources,
I was jarred back into remembering my claims,
grabbed my purse,
and was out the door.

...FREEDOM! ...FRIDAY!

Lesson: Fridays are great days to "just go home"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails