Day 32
End of the work week.
Needed some time for ME.
My mood?
Lounge around in sweats and my favorite t-shirt,
eat pizza,
watch a movie...
do some organizing if so inspired.
A friend called and invited me to a church service...
45 min away.
I just couldn't do it.
I'd traveled the last two weekends (as you know)
and just needed to chill.
(Saturday was going to be more traveling,
to a wedding)
It's rare that I turn down an invite on a Friday pm,
but I remembered the goal of this year.
Find myself.
Live.
Take time.
Called her back and declined,
but offered for her to join me.
What a relaxing night!
Had two hours for myself,
then we watched Duplicity
(entertaining w/an unexpected ending)
and ate pizza.
...and ice cream.
And talked about guys,
God,
singleness...
And she spent the night!
Remember the days of slumber parties?
I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing night.
Lesson: don't be afraid to take time for myself.
Day 33
The theme of "time for me" continued...
Had a wedding to play piano and sing at,
my sister offered for me to ride with them
(them=her and her husband)
Usually I do.
Why travel alone when you can travel together?
I like togetherness.
And saving gas money.
And doing the logical thing in such situations.
But then I realized I'd have to leave over an hour earlier.
See, they have this dog.
He obviously couldn't travel to a wedding!
They needed to bring him to,
can you believe it,
"Doggy Daycare." Lol.
This added time to the trip.
It's actually a good invention I've surprisingly realized.
So, go with them, out of the way and earlier?
Meaning, be responsible,
save money,
and be social?
Or, sleep in an hour and go alone?
...The extra time in dreamland was,
well,
FABULOUS.
Had a relaxing morning,
felt refreshed,
enjoyed eating breakfast while watching the birds at my birdfeeder,
and had a sunny, safe 45-min drive to the wedding.
Lesson: weekends are for relaxing. do it!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An extra hour of sleep can do wonders. Wish I had one right now ... I had a relaxing weekend, too, though, so I really can't ask for more.
ReplyDelete