"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 34 Freezing Time--Possible?

Freezing time. What a concept.
Have you ever wished you could do just that?
I am sure we all have,
plenty of times.
That's what I wanted on Day 34.
It was a Sunday.
Sundays=Rarely lazy days for me.
Get up to an alarm,
go to church, usually do some errands,
and then my mind wonders...
to what I need to prepare for Mondays.
Try to relax, but we all know that doesn't always happen!
My goal this school year has been:
don't take work home!
I can honestly say I have not done any school work,
including grading papers,
lesson planning,
etc, at home.
There was one day where I had to print a transparency,
but that's it.
This may seem like a small accomplishment to you,
but the teachers out there know what a challenge this is!
Let me tell you---
having this boundary has been, well,
absolutely,
wonderfully,
...life changing.
I actually enjoy life.
And it's so much easier to go back to work each day!
So--back to day 34.
Sunday. Decided:
No thinking about work.
No being overly productive.
Goal: absolute relaxation and leisure,
with allowing myself one attempt to actually do SOMETHING.
My attempt: made a little list (yes, "little")
of things to go buy for my apt.
Such as, new candles, picture frames,
cushions for my bar stools.
You know--things to make my new place a home.
Thought this would be fun.
Went to one store, my favorite--
TARGET.
Bought a few candles but decided there was TOO MANY PEOPLE.
Too many BUSY people,
hustling,
bustling,
zipping along with their carts.
Not what I wanted for my Sunday.
Put the to-do list of going to Kohl's and World Market away,
and drove home.
As I got closer.
the mood of their hectic lives faded away...
I was home, free of time, and requirements on my time.


Put on some comfy clothes,
watched a movie,
relaxed....
Ate two freeze pops....
relaxed some more....
What a great day!

Lesson: take a break from "time"

3 comments:

  1. I dislike shopping on weekends for that reason. And yet that is often the only time I have to shop. Still - smart of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. Got your VM and will call. If you saw my e-mail prayer, I don't know if I'll be working on the new plan all weekend or just plain in need of an escape with a good friend! Hopefully I'll know more tonight.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday, shopping on weekends is never clever! I hope you got my voicemail yesterday. We need to make this happen! It'd be great to catch up over coffee or something. I just realized that you have a blog, too. (I'm still learning how to do this). I'm looking forward to reading it! I'm just getting to some emailing (crazy week), so I will check for yours! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails