Day 28
Monday. Definitely not a fun day!
...That's my rhyme.
Does it count?
The bell rang at the end of school,
lots to do.
Desk piled high with papers to grade,
detentions to process,
does it ever stop?
No.
One of my biggest goals this school year:
leave work at work.
I was tired, hot,
and just wanted to go home.
The piles tempted me, a little whisper:
"Take us home--it's okay. Just one day...
Take us home.
The teachers in the rooms by me had already left for the day.
Sigh.
Give in?
NO.
Left work an hour and a half later,
carrying only my purse and cell phone.
What a great feeling!
Lesson: don't let work cross its boundary
Day 29
Now, I like artichokes as in
artichoke spinage dip,
but I did not like this!
Went to Panera Bread with some girl friends.
Claim? Order something I haven't tried before.
Definitely not an easy thing for me--
I like getting "the usual" when I go out.
You know how it is...
Saves one from disappoint.
Well, my regular is:
The You Pick 2,
and I do a combo of two of these 3:
Sierra Turkey sandwich, Greek salad, Broccoli Cheddar soup
Went on a limb:
replaced the sandwich:
Artichoke Turkey on foccacia bread
Result? A scrunched nose.
Regret? No way--I tried it!
Lesson: keep trying new foods--eventually one will be a positive discovery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm proud of you, girl! Leaving work at work. I've had a lot of trouble with that in the past. It takes discipline.
ReplyDelete