"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live;
learn how to be wise." Proverbs 9:6 (NLT)

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 14 & Day 15 Phone Calls & Bedtime Stories

Day 14

The dance search continues.
Remember my adventure going to my first private dance lesson?
My excitement after that lesson turned to disappointment when I found out...
the price.
Get this: $564 for four 45-minute lessons.
That's pure insanity! So my desire to be swinging all over the dance floor has been put on hold...
Where art thou, swing dancers??
My claim for today was to find time to do some research on other dance studios...
and call one.
Task accomplished, but not the mission.

I found out the studio did not offer a swing dance class.
I was told: a Monday night salsa class (of all "energetic, fun singles") is starting in 2 weeks.
TWO weeks! Maybe??
Salsa is Dance #2 on my list.

Lesson: don't give up the search!

Day 15

Remember bedtime stories when you were a little kid?
All snuggled under the covers next to mom or dad?
And then those junior high nights laying in bed reading books like Nancy Drew, Sweet Valley High, and those tear-jerkers by Lurlene McDaniels?

My claim today was to take time to READ before turning off the light.
Believe it or not, I still use a night light. (I'm 28)
Maybe I do need a husband to protect me?!
Back on track:
Reading brought back the peace and calmness of childhood.
I fell asleep so easily!

Lesson: even "grown ups" need bedtime stories!

3 comments:

  1. B, I ALWAYS read myself to sleep. And yes, it is VERY peaceful. Blessings on your dance search. (Is there any kind of group that's free but open to beginners? You could also see if there's a student at a college/dance school that would tutor privately for less $$ that would help them financially.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this about you! I was thinking about it the other night, how you always found time to escape into the world of a book before entering dreamland. I admire that about you. May I find a way to make it more of a habit! Btw, how is your school year going so far??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to stay awake to long if I try to read myself to sleep. My downtime before bed tends to be, unfortunately, television. It may not be the most recommended, but it works.

    I do like the idea of a bedtime story. Perhaps a book of short stories rather than a novel?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails