Labor Day weekend took me to Door County, WI, where I enjoyed a beachside hotel room and the serenity of no television, computer, or cell phone. Back again, ready to fill you in.
Day 18
Friday nights. How slowly they come, how quickly they pass by.
I was low-energy on this particular one,
but no one likes wasting a precious Friday night.
This made it a perfect night to go to a movie and munch on popcorn.
Made phone calls.
No one could go.
It was opening night for a movie I wanted to see.
Dilemma. Go alone? Stay home?
Go.
I decided to still be happy even though I was going alone on a Friday pm.
Just when I got to this decision, a happy sound:
My phone was ringing!
One of my friends was free to go. :)
The theme of the movie was: "It's not what you do with your life but who you do it with."
My night started out with a claim to be happy going alone,
it ended with the reminder that life is about being together.
Lesson: two are better than one
Day 19
Sometimes seizing a day is in prioritizing one's time.
That was today.
My to-do list got quickly smaller as the morning progressed,
leaving me stress-free and feeling productive.
By the afternoon I was off for a fun weekend without a burden of procrastination
or a messy house weighing on my shoulders.
Lesson: balance work with play
Day 20
Glitter eyeshadow.
Remember the fun colors in the kids' makeup?
I was strolling with my family from shop to shop in Door County...
soaking in the warm sunshine...
when my sister pointed out a young girl selling lemonade.
50 cents a cup,
personally poured into a little paper cup by the girl herself.
As I handed her my quarters, I noticed her bright pink glittery eyeshadow.
I couldn't help but smile.
The simplicity of being a little girl.
The joy of a little glitter.
The excitement of selling one cup of lemonade.
The freedom of summer days.
I watched the bright pink lemonade flow into the cup.
I smiled as a picture of my sister and me came into my mind;
Two little girls, pouring lemonade.
Lesson: don't lose the simplicity of childhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who says we need to stop wearing glittery eyeshadow? ;) Definitely fun.
ReplyDeleteA couple weeks ago, my grandfather's neighbors were having a garage sale, and some little girls were selling lemonade. I stopped and bought some from them twice. Those days really were good, I agree ...
Good point! :)
ReplyDelete