Day 37
When I was in high school I struggled with anorexia.
I remember one day my health teacher pulled me into the hall after class.
She called me on it, and then said,
"What's wrong with having a little ice cream every day?
...You can put some fruit on it to make it a little healthier!"
At the time it sounded so..... terrible. And, delightful... all at the same time.
I think of that conversation from time to time.
Usually when I'm enjoying a big bowl of ice cream.
You see, I have been living a life completely healed of anorexia for a long time,
all because of a wonderful Savior.
And let me tell you, I LOOOOOOOVE ICE CREAM!!!!
I will admit: fruit rarely gets sprinkled on top.
Today I came home from work and enjoyed a yummy bowl of it.
A couple of hours later I wanted some more.
I thought, "Hey, I'm just gonna do it."
Totally worth it, and totally delightful.
Lesson: what's wrong with a bowl (or two) of ice cream?!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment