Sun-smiley weather all day.
Couldn't be inside.
Home from work, went for a stroll.
Got home and dug out my pink lawn chair.
Claim: soak in the sun with some down time!
Grabbed a book,
a Bible, a notebook, and an apple.
I couldn't help closing my eyes,
feeling sunbeams warm my face.
Now THIS is what I'd call RELAXING.
Soon, the sun tried to hide...
behind a tree.
Moved lawn chair.
Not much later, it ran away again...
behind my apartment.
I found it! And snuggled in for a good read.
Proverbs Ch.3-11.
Wonderful!
I've been in Ch. 3 and 4 for a while now.
Precious gems of wisdom--
I don't want to forget!
Proverbs Ch 3:17 says,
"She (wisdom) will guide you down delightful paths; all her ways are satisfying."
My new favorite is:
Proverbs Ch 9:6, which says,
"Leave your foolish ways behind, and begin to live; learn how to be wise."
Lesson: begin to LIVE.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
saw that you highlighted "live"... How to really live our lifes!
ReplyDeleteFor whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me and the gospel will save it.(Mark 8:35)
The one who loves his life will lose it, and the one who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life(John 12:25)
Jesus is our life! The more I try to "live" in this world the more I see that nothing is satifying but my Lord! I can now rejoice, rejoice, rejoice because I can never miss out on anything in this world. He is all!
Amen to that, John Andrus!
ReplyDeleteChicago Girl,
I spent the other day in the sun with a bible too. Now I've got a bit of a burn on my face that doesn't feel too good, but it was worth it to spend that time with God.