I needed to get away.
Away from my "world."
From busy traffic,
to-do lists,
drama, and stress.
Visited a dear friend,
and awesome woman of God,
in Fond du Lac, WI.
Just what I needed:
laughter, encouragement,
simplicity, refreshing conversation,
insight, prayer.
Spent sunny Saturday sightseeing
and munching and shopping at the local Fondue Fest.
My moment of seizing came later that day.
We drove to Lake Winnebago,
beauty all around.
And then I saw it:
a light house.
How I wanted to climb to the top!
My friend didn't want to--
she'd grown up coming to it;
the thrill for her was gone.
I decided I could just view it from the car--
it'd take less energy that way too!
Then I remembered, and said,
"Actually..."
She took pictures of me at the top.
The view of the lake and marina was,
well, gorgeous.
Lesson: make the effort--it's worth it!
Day 27
Mmmm...
Now I've only had peach pie one time.
I was like 19 or 20.
Within a few bites I quickly decided
it was my new favorite!
At the Fondue Fest there was an Amish couple,
selling homemade pies.
I saw a delightful peach pie and couldn't help it.
We bought it,
and vanilla custard.
A wonderful dessert Saturday night.
I decided to have it for breakfast the next day.
Why not?
We only live once.
Woke up Sunday morning,
as soon as I remembered my claim I broke into a smile.
Enjoyed it, heated and with custard,
while I sat on the patio and soaked in the sun.
It was heavenly!
Lesson: dessert can be the meal, once in a while
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment