It was a splendid Saturday.
So much
I wanted to accomplish,
I wanted to accomplish,fun things around the house.
The weather agreed--it was gray and gloomy;
perfect for what I had planned...
painting my entire bathroom!!
#1 Paint my bathroom (I was to be hosting prayer meeting next week)
#2 Buy some cute decor for my new place
#3 Get some yummy fall-scented candles
#4 Reward myself with a night at the movies ("Love Happens")
#5 Fall asleep satisfied with all I had accomplished, mainly Goal #1
#5 Fall asleep satisfied with all I had accomplished, mainly Goal #1
But then I found out one of my friends had been putting off painting,
had a 2nd coat to do on her kitchen, but too much work for one
She didn't ask for help,
didn't even know I was painting that day.
I hesitated, thinking of the big project I wanted to accomplish. The priority, though, was easy.

It felt great to help her out!
As for my list of priorities?
#1-#3 were checked off by that night.
Movie time got pushed back a day,
but I was so tired anyway.
Fell asleep in the contenment of Priority #5.
Lesson: people are more important.

Your bathroom looked nice. Your whole house gets warmer and more enjoyable every time I see it. I loved your roses! I had to leave my on my table at home, since there was no way to really bring them into work. But you inspired me, and I bought some flowers for my desk too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nikki. :) It's fun seeing my new place come together. I found some really neat paintings today for my kitchen, and a decorative pillow for my livingroom. ...What kind of flowers did you buy??
ReplyDelete