
Friday night.
What a wonderful thing!
Came home wanting to organize and clean up my apt.
This is relaxing and therapeutic for me.
(yes, i'm crazy.)
But then the Friday blues set in...
the feeling of wasting my Friday night.
the feeling of wasting my Friday night.
The day only comes once a week after all!
What to do?
Looked up movies. Debated. Called a friend.
We contemplated--rent one, go to one?She was on the mood for a Jane Austen romance.
I wanted to get out of the house.
Then I thought of funds.
Why not save a little?
We rented Pride and Prejudice, the one in modern times.
Doesn't compare to the one with Keira Knightley.
(rent the real one ladies! it's so romantic!)
Quite cheezy, yet we were entertained,
and of course had great girl talk.
And, since I saved myself an hour on driving,
I got the gift of TIME!
Cleaned, organized, ready for hosting.
Spent less, gained:
time, accomplishment,
great conversation, comfort level
(my couch vs. theater seats)
Lesson: find ways to have fun for free!
The Keira Knightley version???? Seriously?????
ReplyDeleteNothing beats the 5-hour A&E version with Colin Firth...if you haven't seen it, make a claim to! I also like (did I show you?) "Bride and Prejudice" which is a modernized, musical version set in India. LOTS of fun, esp if you know the storyline well.